High in protein and low in calories, eggs are a naturally nutritious snack. Unfortunately, unlike the pre-packaged and ready-to-eat banana (my personal favorite—they’re just too easy to resist), eggs require a little extra effort to prepare. There are some days when I’m just too lazy to get out a frying pan. And who has the time for hardboiling? Fortunately there are several cooking shortcuts that make it possible to have your eggs and eat them too—even if you’re just about to run out the door.
Your Basic Microwave Egg
The classic—a microwaving miracle for those who prefer their eggs over easy.
- Spray a microwave-safe bowl with cooking spray.
- Break an egg directly into the bowl.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds.
Easy Microwave Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
This is a perfect option for the time-crunched scrambled egg lover. You can make this easy dish in under 3 minutes!
- Spray a microwave-safe mug with cooking spray.
- In your mug, combine 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of water or milk, and a sprinkle of cheese. Beat until blended.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir. Microwave an additional 30 to 45 seconds.
Baked Hard Boiled Eggs
Although this is definitely a dish to do in advance, it is far easier than boiling eggs on the stove. Plus the finished eggs are easier to peel!
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place eggs in a muffin tin (one egg per hole).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes, then put eggs into a bowl of cold water until completely cooled.