Here’s a fun way to deck your walls: Create your own abstract art. It’s okay if you haven’t drawn or painted since you were in school, this project is all about having fun. Hey, you may even discover your creative side…
- The materials you will need: paint (preferably acrylic), paintbrushes (1-2), masking tape, and a blank canvas.
Note: The only colors you really need are primary colors: red, blue, and yellow. But if you fall in love with a particular color at the store–go for it!
- Step 1: Put the masking tape on your blank canvas. Cover as much or as little as you want. Don’t be shy and get creative!
- Step 2: Paint within the spaces you left blank—don’t worry about staying in the lines and fill the whole canvas with color.
Note: It may look messy during this step–and that’s okay!
- Step 3: Once the paint has dried (2-3 hours) remove the masking tape from the canvas and TA-DA! Admire your new abstract art that will add color to your walls and will also spark some conversations in the house.
- The take away from this project: Discovering your creative side or perhaps just rekindling the flame, as a wise man once said: “All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” -Pablo Picasso